GERVAIS(E), Jean and Anne Archambault Gervaise
“Jean Gervaise came from Souvigne, near Chateau-La Vallieres in the diocese D’Angers, Touraine, France. He left the port of St. Nazaire in France on June 20, 1653, aboard a vessel called St. Nicolas de Nantes, with 103 other passengers, as well as Monsieur de Maisonneuve. The Captain of the ship was Pierre LeBesson. The ship was old, and leaking and the voyage was a very long and miserable one. They arrived in Quebec on Sept. 22, 1653. He arrived in Ville-Marie Nov. 16, 1653.”
When you begin the history of the GERVAISE/GERVAIS family of Westmeath Township, you will reach back into the history of New France and have it unfold before you. You are at Ville Marie to witness the birth of the City of Montreal. The bloodline of the Gervais(e) go right back to our Nation’s earliest days – they are “Pur Laine”, old stock Québécois.
Men and women from the French villages and farms of Brittany and Normandy, coming on vessels into the St. Lawrence estuary, had bravery, stamina and a conviction that a better live could be had across the cold North Atlantic. Jean Gervaise and Anne Archambault would found a huge, prominent and industrious French Canadian family.
From Notes in the “GERVAIS (Urbain Gervaise) Family”, prepared by Linda Gervais Bromley.
“JEAN GERVAISE was born abt. 1621 in Anjou, Touraine Province, France, and died 12 Mar 1689/90. He married ANNE ARCHAMBAULT 03 Feb 1653/54 in Montreal, Que., daughter of JACQUES ARCHAMBAULT and FRANCOISE TOURAULT. She died 30 Jul 1699.”
Women were tough in those days, none more so than Anne Archambault. She had come to Canada with her parents in 1646. The following year she married a Michel Chauvin. They had a child that died in the cradle. The following year baby Charlotte was born and Anne discovered she had married a bigamist. The local authority, Maisonneuve had the marriage annulled, sent Chauvin back to France and assigned the wages formerly paid to him to Charlotte for as long as she remained in the service of the seigneurs.
Jean Gervaise was a Baker by trade, Militia Capt. Commissioner at Notre Dame, Substitute Prosecutor, Procurer-fiscal. Shortly after his arrival in Montreal he obtained 30 acres of surveyed land on Rue St. Sulpice.
Four months after his arrival, on Feb. 3, 1754, he married Anne Archambault, who already had one child; Charlotte. This family is “Pur Laine” – old stock Québécois.
To put this Gervais(e) history into its historical context, from Wikipedia:
“The French Catholic Church, which after Champlain’s death was the most dominant force in New France, wanted to establish a utopian Christian community in the colony. In 1642, they sponsored a group of settlers, led by Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve, who founded Ville-Marie, precursor to present-day Montreal, farther up the St. Lawrence. Throughout the 1640s, Jesuit missionaries penetrated the Great Lakes region and converted many of the Huron natives. The missionaries came into conflict with the Iroquois, who frequently attacked Montreal.”
The Westmeath Township Gervais Family
In the “GERVAIS (Urbain Gervaise) Family“, the story of the Westmeath Township Gervais, begins in 1837, with the Seventh Generation,(Page 5, #17), and a marriage at LaPasse, Ontario, between a Cyrille Sr. Gervais and a Veronique Sabourin.
What follows here are selections, arbitrarily made and stream-lined, to portray the many family tree branches of the Westmeath Township Gervais Family. This is meant to be an overview presentation – for greater detail please refer to the complete document.
The Cyrille Gervais & Veronique Sabourin Descendants.
CYRILLE GERVAIS SR. GERVAIS (1806-1869), in Sault au Recollett, Que. He married VERONIQUE SABOURIN 15 Aug 1837 in Ontario (LaPasse), daughter of CHARLES SABOURIN and MARIE-ANNE BEDARD. She was born 1813 in Rigaud, PQ, and died 31 Oct 1888. According to the 1851 Agricultural Census this family was homesteading on Conc. C, Lot 5, Westmeath Township.
At the end of this Gervais entry, the 1851 Census enumerator noted the following: “1 R. Catholic chapel made of logs capable to holding 200 persons,” a building at the Gervais farmstead.
Children of CYRILLE GERVAIS SR. and VERONIQUE SABOURIN are:
1. AMBROISE GERVAIS, b. 1839, Ont. He married (1) ANASTASIE CHAMPAGNE 06 Nov 1866 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of PIERRE CHAMPAGNE and ELIZABETH LALONDE. He married (2) MARGURITE BOUCHER 31 Jul 1874 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of GUILLAUME BOUCHER and LOUISE BERNARD. According to the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel church records: On May 19, 1839, Father P.E. Poire baptized Ambroise Gervais, son of Cyrille Gervais and Veronique Sabourin at LaPasse. This was the community’s first baptism. Children: Joseph L. Gervais (1875-1948) and Marie Louise Gervais (1877- ).
2. ILDEPHONSE (ALPHONSE) GERVAIS, m. CELINA LACHANCE, 30 Nov 1871, LaPasse, Ont..
3. LOUIS NAPOLEON GERVAIS, m. MARIE AUXILDA MARION, 08 Nov 1876, LaPasse, Ont. Louis’ brother Edward would also marry a Marion woman; sister to Marie Auxilda.
4. NATHALIE GERVAIS.
5. GILBERT GERVAIS (1840-1922). He married HENRIETTE “Hattie” BERTRAND 30 Mar 1869 in LaPasse, daughter of FRANCOIS BERTRAND and ZOE LECLAIRE. She died 12 Feb 1932. Children of GILBERT GERVAIS and HENRIETTE BERTRAND are:
i. GREGORIE GERVAIS
ii. HENRIETTE GERVAIS (1872- ) m. ANTOINE GREGOIRE, 30 Nov 1895, LaPasse, Ont.
iii. BELLORE GERVAIS (1874- )
iv. GILBERT JR. GERVAIS (1874- ) m. MARY SKALE, a School Teacher from Ireland, 27 Aug. 1902, LaPasse, Ont.
v. ADELARD GERVAIS (1875-1950), LaPasse, Ont. He married Henriette Gratton, daughter of Eustache Gratton & Henriette Laverdure, 11 August, 1905. Their children were: Dilia Gervais; Clementine Gervais; and Isidore Gervais.
vi. MONIQUE GERVAIS (1881- )
vii. REINE M. GERVAIS (1881-1961)
viii. LEMOYNE GERVAIS (1883-1915), Killed in France during WW1
vix. WILLIAM GERVAIS (1887- )
x. WILFRED GERVAIS (1891-1956). He married ELLEN (ELLA) MAY COUGHLIN (1900-1984), 04 Jan 1919 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of DANIEL COUGHLIN and HELENE MCDIARMID. 1919 Wilfred & Ella Marriage. Children of WILFRED and ELLEN GERVAIS are:
1) LOLA MARY GERVAIS (1922- 1969) m. BOB LADEROUTE, 29 Oct 1949, LaPasse, Ont
2) ZITA GERVAIS (1919-1978) m. Jack Kingston Bennan (1913-1971).
3) CLANCY GERVAIS ( -2003), buried in LaPasse Ont
4) ALLEN GERVAIS
5) GERRY GERVAIS (1942- )
6) VINCENT GERVAIS (1939- ), Hawkesbury Ont. He married MARGARIT LADEROUTE 10 Oct 1968 in LaPasse, daughter of FRANCIS LADEROUTE and RITA CHEVALIER. She was born 16 Mar 1947 in Calumet Island, Que.
The Theophile Gervais & Philomene Marion Family
6. THEOPHILE GERVAIS (1844-1880). He married PHILOMENE MARION (1850-1934), 29 Jun 1869 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of CYRIAC MARION and OLIVE RAYMOND-LABROSSE. Four years after Theophile Gervais, her first husband died, Philomene Marion remarried Pierre Drapeau, and raised five more children with him. See DRAPEAU section. Children of THEOPHILE GERVAIS and PHILOMENE MARION are:
i. PHILOMENE (MIN) GERVAIS
ii. CYRILLE J. GERVAIS (1870-1939). He married MARIE-AUXILE LADEROUTE (1879-1958), 16 Aug 1898 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of ALEXANDRE LADEROUTE and AMANDA ST. DENIS. There were 14 children, but one, Alfred “Freddie”, died in infancy. The photo below was taken on the family homestead that was kept in the family by two generations of Andrew Gervais; first the boy Andrew in the middle row below and then his son Andrew. The farm is very picturesque with a white house and red trim on a gentle hill overlooking the Ottawa River; east of LaPasse Village on the LaPasse Road. See LADEROUTE entry.
Children of CYRILLE GERVAIS and MARIE-AUXILE LADEROUTE are:
1) MARIE AUXILE GERVAIS (1900- ).
2) ANTHIME GERVAIS (1902-1952), little yellow house on Skunk Hill, Westmeath, buried in LaPasse; m. JULIETTE (JULIA) MONGRAIN (1906-1970) 29 Jun 1935 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of BENJ. MONGRAIN and CELINA DUROCHER.
3) ADELINE D. GERVAIS (1904-1998), North Bay, buried in LaPasse; m. GASPARD GRATTON (1899-1945), 28 Jun 1927 in LaPasse, died Kapuskasing, Ont., son of EUSTACHE GRATTON and MARGUERITE MARLEAU.
4) CHARLES (CHARLIE) GERVAIS (1905-1981), Ottawa, Ont. buried Notre Dame Cemetery, Ottawa, m. IRENE CHAMPAGNE (1910-2001) 30 Aug 1930. buried Notre Dame Cemetery.
5) ALFRED GERVAIS (1907-1911), four years old, LaPasse, Ont.
6) BERNADETTE GERVAIS (1908-2002), Ottawa, Ont.
7) ANDREW E. GERVAIS (1910-1979), Threshing Machine, LaPasse, ON., m. VALERIA DOLAS VIZENA(1910-2000), 17 May 1938 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of ROBERT VIZENA and CECELIA LAVERDURE. See VIZENA entry. Both buried in LaPasse, Ont. Children of ANDREW GERVAIS and VALERIA VIZENA are:
a) ANDREW (ANDY) ROBERT GERVAIS (1944- ), Westmeath Ont
b) MICHEAL (MIKE) WAYNE GERVAIS (1948- ), at home in LaPasse
c) LINDA MARIE GERVAIS (1943- ), Westmeath, Ont
d) BOY (STILLBORN) GERVAIS
8) CARMEL GERVAIS (1912- 2005), Buried at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Cemetery, LaPasse, Ont.
9) CORINNE VERONICA OR VICTORIA GERVAIS (1913- 2007), buried Our Lady of Mt. Carmel LaPasse, Ont.
10) LEO C. GERVAIS (1915-1988), Pembroke, Ont., m. BERNADETTE A. GENDREAU (1919-1987),10 May 1937 in Noranda, Que. Both buried in LaPasse, Ont. Leo served in WW2. Children of LEO GERVAIS and BERNADETTE GENDREAU are:
a) PAULINE GERVAIS (1938-1981) LaPasse, Ont.; m. PIERRE DUMULIN, 14 Jan 1961
b) GERALD GERVAIS (1939- )
c) ROSE GERVAIS (1942-2000); m. GUY LAVERDIERE
d) LEO JR. GERVAIS (1944- ), m. LISE DESSYREAULT, 09 Apr 1965
e) MICHEAL GERVAIS (1946-1996), m. DIANE PICHE
f) COLETTE GERVAIS (1947- ); m. GASTON DEMERS, 03 May 1966
g) LOUISE GERVAIS,(1948- ); m. MARCEL CAMIRAND
h) DENIS GERVAIS (1949- )
i) ANNE GERVAIS (1950- ); m. GAETAN GAGNE
j) BERNARD GERVAIS (1951- )
k) JEAN-MARC GERVAIS (1955- )
l) PIERRE GERVAIS (1959- ); m. LORRAINE CLOUTIER
m) DANIELLE GERVAIS (1960- )
11) ROSE GERVAIS (1917-2005), Val D’Or Que.
12) JOHN GERVAIS (1918-2003), Pembroke, Ontario, buried at LaPasse. He married MAE DORIANNE LACROIX (1921- ),26 May 1942 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of ALEX LACROIX and JEANNE FLEURY. See LACROIX entry. Children of JOHN GERVAIS and MAE LACROIX are:
a) GERALDINE GERVAIS (1943- )
b) RENAUD GERVAIS (1945- )
c) EDWARD GERVAIS (1946- ), m. CHRISTINA HUGUET, 11 Jan 1975
d) LORRAIN (FATTY) GERVAIS (1948-2013) Gervais, LorrainFatty m. KAREN PAPPIN, 04 Jun 1990
e) JO-ANNE GERVAIS, (1953- )
f) DONNA GERVAIS (1961- )
13) RENAUD GERALD GERVAIS (1920-1944), LaPasse, Ont. Died 16 Oct 1944 , at the age of 23 years in active service in WW2, in Belgium, buried Bergen-Op-Zoom in the Netherlands. Served as Guardsman with Governor-Generals Foot Guards, 21st Armoured Division, Royal Canadian Armoured Corps.
14) ISABELLE GERVAIS (Aug. 31, 1922 – January 22, 2012) m. George Vaillancourt (6 Nov. 1921 – 26 Sept. 1965) on 16 August 1945; son of Leon Vaillancourt and Maria Boucher.
iii. MARIE ESTHER (MARY) GERVAIS (1872-1965)
iv. THEOPHILE GERVAIS (1875-1953), Fort Coulonge, Que., m. CORDELIA LAVOIE 27 Oct 1907 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of J.BTE. LAVOIE and NATALIE DIEL
v. FRANCOIS GERVAIS (1877- )
vi. FELIX GERVAIS (1879- )
7. PHILOMENE GERVAIS (1845-1916)
The Edouard Gervais & Marcelline Marion Family
8. EDOUARD GERVAIS (1848-1924), m. MARCELLINE MARION (1851-1930),20 Feb 1871 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of ZEPHERIN MARION and MARCELLINE LECLERC.1871 Edward & Marceline Marriage. In the 1901 Census for Westmeath Township, Edward and Marcelline Gervais and their family were living in the Village of Beachburg. Edward was an Innkeeper, aged 52 and Marcelline was aged 50; with 9 children still living at home.
Children of EDOUARD “Edward” GERVAIS and MARCELLINE MARION are:
i. ROSALIE “Rosa” GERVAIS (1873- ), m. NAPOLEON GERVAIS, 28 Apr 1908.
ii. THOMAS A. GERVAIS (1876-1953), m. CELINA LABINE (1887-1964), Oct 1905 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of JEAN LABINE and LEA BEAUCHAMP. Children of THOMAS GERVAIS and CELINA LABINE are:
1) IONA C. GERVAIS (1907-1981)
2) MAURICE GERVAIS (1909- ), m. LILLIAN GERVAIS, 10 Oct 1950 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of ALBERT GERVAIS and AZELENE COUTURIER. Vanosse-Gervais Accident 1947. Children of MAURICE GERVAIS and LILLIAN GERVAIS are:
a) DIANE GERVAIS m. Dillon McGee
b) CATHY GERVAIS m. Daniel McLeese
c) BRENDA GERVAIS m. (1) Wright (2) Grady
d) REBECCA GERVAIS
e) THOMAS GERVAIS
3) EVA C. GERVAIS (1909-1987). “Miss Eva” taught school in LaPasse most of her life. See Separate School No. 4.
4) EMILE A. GERVAIS, (1914-1992)
5) LEO M. GERVAIS (1916-2002), Pembroke General Hospital
6) NORA MAE GERVAIS (1919-1990) m. JAMES HERMAN, 05 Jan 1946, LaPasse, Ont.
7) FRANK GERVAIS (1923-1978); m. PHYLLIS M. GILL; b. 08 Dec 1922
8) JAMES PATRICK GERVAIS (1928-2007), Pembroke Ont. Buried in LaPasse.
iii. MARCELLINE GERVAIS, m. JAMES GRACIE, 29 Nov 1898, LaPasse, Ont
iv. EDOUARD JR. GERVAIS (1880-1906), m. ROSALIE EMMA LADEROUTE (1886- )10 Feb 1904 in Pembroke, Ont, daughter of ALEXANDRE LADEROUTE and AMANDA ST. DENIS.
iv. MARY GERVAIS (1883-1966); m. HERBERT LYTTLE (1880 – 1958), 15 Jun 1905, LaPasse, Ont. Mary and Herb’s wedding celebration was held at the Gervais Hotel in Beachburg. See LYTTLE entry.
When Medrick Labine died in 1937 Herb and Mary Lyttle moved from Kirkland Lake Ontario to help her sister Eva manage the farm which still exists and is located at 893 Lacroix Bay Road just past LaPasse on the Ottawa River. Both Herb and Mary lived on the farm until their deaths. I believe that David Bertrand and his wife still live on the property. Eva, Mary and Herb raised Delbert Bertrand, David’s father. I knew David’s mother Edythe Gervais Bertrand, Edythe passed away in 2004. – notes from Graham Lyttle
v. HANNAH GERVAIS (1886
vi. EVA GERVAIS (1888-1963); m. MEDERICE EMERY LABINE, 30 Jun 1908, LaPasse, Ont. See LABINE entry and Labine stone in LaPasse Cemetery, shared with Mary Gervais Lyttle, older sister of Eva Gervais Labine
viii. RAOUL “Bond” GERVAIS (1894-1967), m. LEDA GERVAIS (1895-1961), 28 Oct 1915 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of LOUIS GERVAIS and JOSEPHINE MELANCON.
ix. CYRILLE NAPOLIAN GERVAIS (1898-1969) m. LEDA ASSELIN (1893-1981), 25 Jun 1919 in Fort Coulonge, Que., daughter of LS. ASSELIN and MARIE BERTRAND. 1915 Attestation of Service Cyril Gervais. Children of CYRILLE GERVAIS and LEDA ASSELIN are:
a) EDWARD E. GERVAIS (1920-1942), over Germany, WW11, RCAF, buried Aabenaa, Denmark.
b) OMER CYRIL (BOB) GERVAIS (1921- ) m. DORIS ROMAIN (1930-1981), 26 Mar 1951, Vinton, Que.;
c) EMMANUEL GERVAIS (1923- )
d) AURLEY GERVAIS (1925-1990) m. MATILDA AMYOTTE (1928- ), 20 Oct 1951, LaPasse, Ont.
9. JULIA GERVAIS (18– ) m. ALEXANDER LAWLESS (1877- ), Westmeath Twp
10. ADOLPHE (ROMAIN) GERVAIS (1855- ), Mansfield, Que., m. MARIE-JUSTINE ROMAIN, 15 May 1878, LaPasse, Ont
From the 8th Generation, (Page 6, #21):
The Philippe Gervais and Flavie Graveline Descendants
Seventh Generation PHILIPPE GERVAIS was born 1803 in Quebec. He married FLAVIE GRAVELINE, 22 Jul 1823, in Sault au Recollett, Que. Of their 11 children, 8 are listed in this 1851 Census in LaPasse, Westmeath Township; Two of their children would plant deep roots in Westmeath Township; daughter Rose and son Damase, who would, with two wives, father a large clan and leave an indelible mark on the township.
DAMASE GERVAIS, b. 1832, Montreal, Que.; d. 04 Jul 1914, was buried in LaPasse, Ont. He married (1) JEANNE JANE (EUGENIE) TAYLOR, 09 Feb 1855, in LaPasse, daughter of THOMAS TAYLOR and MARY KEITH. She was born 1832. He married (2) DOMITHILDE BERTRAND 13 Jan 1867 in LaPasse, daughter of FRANCOIS BERTRAND and ZOE LECLAIRE. She was born 1843.
Damase Gervais and (1) Jane Taylor’s Family
- LOUIS GERVAIS (1863-1941) married JOSEPHINE MELANCON (1863-1958), on 13 Sep 1886 in LaPasse.
Their children are:
- ARCHILLE L. GERVAIS, (1887- 1979) Gervais, Achille , buried in Westmeath, Ont. He married MARGARET (MAGGIE) LADEROUTE (1890-1956), Gervais, Archille& Margaret on 29 Jun 1909, a daughter of ALEXANDRE LADEROUTE and AMANDA ST. DENIS.
Children of ARCHILLE and MAGGIE are:
- MAXIME GERVAIS, (1920-1991) Buried at Our Lady of Grace cemetery, Westmeath.
- GERALD E. GERVAIS, (1915-1987), buried Westmeath, Ont. A mechanic and garage owner in Westmeath Village beside the Main Street bridge. Married Audrey Buchanan Gervais, AudreyBuchanan,
- VERA MARGUERITE GERVAIS, (1921-2006),
- NEIL DANIEL GERVAIS, (1923-1998), buried Westmeath, m. ALICE MARIE MILOT (1923-2003),
- AURELE GERVAIS, b. 03 May 1929.
- CLIFFORD GERVAIS, (1917-1991). Buried in Ste Therese De Blainville, Que.; m. JEANNE CYR, 1946,Ste. Therese De Bainveille, Que.; b. 1921.
- IRENE GERVAIS (1918-1920).
- DAMASE V. GERVAIS was born 1857 in ON m. LEA GOULET (1862), 13 Aug 1882 in LaPasse, Ont., daughter of LS. GOULET and MARIE BERTHIAUME.
- EMMA GERVAIS, (1889-1982) WYMAN, Emma Gervais married PAUL WYMAN, 29 Apr 1912 in LaPasse, Ont. See WYMAN., Wyman, E&P 50th
- GEDEON GERVAIS, (1891-1965) Gervais, Gedeon m. EVELYN NEEDHAM, 06 Apr 1923, LaPasse.
- LEDA GERVAIS, (1895-1961).
- MARY GERVAIS, (1900- ); m. ORVILLE CUNNINGHAM.
- HATTIE-MAE (HENRIETTE) GERVAIS, (1902- 1989). She married a cousin MOISE GERVAIS (1895-1970), on 04 Dec 1921 in LaPasse, son of PHILIPPE GERVAIS and JOSEPHINE MAYNEUR.
Henriette and Moise’s children are:
- EILEEN GERVAIS (1922-1974) m. JACK EVERITT (1913-1985)
- ROY GERVAIS, (1923-2013) Gervais,Roy m. AGNES TOMCZYK.
- VIOLA GERVAIS, (1924- ) m. SARTO LEFEBVE.
- HARRY GERVAIS,(1925-1945), killed in Holland, in active service, WW2.
- ARTHUR F. (ARTIE) GERVAIS, (1927-1941).
- ORVAL GERVAIS, (1929- ) m. JOAN BROMLEY.
- CECIL GERVAIS, (1930- ) m. ANNE DUFAULT.
- CLAIRE GERVAIS, (1932- ) m. IVAN LEFEBVE.
- LEONARD GERVAIS, (1935- ) m. MARY.
- INEZ GERVAIS, (1936- ) m. (1) KEN HOBAN; m. (2) TED WINTERS.
- KATHLEEN GERVAIS, (1940- ) m. ROBERT GOHR.
- DOUGLAS F. GERVAIS, (1943-1964).
- RUTH GERVAIS, (1943- ).
- PATRICK GERVAIS, (1945- ).
Damase Gervais and (2) Domithilde Bertrand’s Family
- EUGENIE HENRIETTE GERVAIS, (1877- ) m. WM. JONES BERTRAND, 15 Jun 1897, LaPasse, Ont,
- EDMOND GERVAIS, (1880- ) m. SARA ANN LABINE, 22 Nov 1910, LaPasse, Ont.
- EULYSSE GERVAIS, (1882- 1984) buried in Westmeath, Ont. m. CELESTINE LABINE (1884-1985) 22 Jun 1908 in LaPasse, daughter of JOSEPH LABINE and MARY MCCARTHY. See LABINE entry.
This extraordinary man was the subject of a lengthy newspaper article: E.O. Gervais , and a section in Evelyn Moore Prices’ 1984 Book. Both articles are well worth a full reading because Eulysse Gervais was a keen observer and a hard worker throughout the development of the Village of Westmeath.
The detailed material below on this branch of the Gervais family has been submitted to this site by Gary Gervais. Thank you Gary for sharing your research; much appreciated.
The children of Celestine and Eulysse are:
i. Maurice Gervais (1908 – 1991) married 1st wife -1936, Dorothy Dobson (b1913 – 1948), Cleveland Ohio; 2nd wife -1950, Luana Hoffman (b 1920- ),, Cleveland Ohio.
ii. Victor Theodore Gervais (1910 – 1998) married in 1910 to Lillian Nymer , Cleveland, Ohio.
iii. Andrew Eulysse Gervais 19th Nov 1912 – 16th Dec 1999 married 1939, Elaine (known as Lillianne) Lorette Armande Hurtubise (7th Oct 1912 – 2 Feb 2004).
iv. Evelyn Mary Sarah Ann Gervais (1914 – 21 Jan 2009) married 1st husband 20 Oct 1937, Herbert Fynn (1912 – 1966) , LaPasse Ontario. See FYNN entry.
2nd husband 1976, Gordon Hoffman ( 1905 – 1985)
v. Gregory Francis Gervais (27th June 1916 – 11th Nov 2007) WW2 veteran, Army. Married in 1936 to Inez Marguerite Pappin ( 11th Jan 1915- 18th July 1996)
vi. Leo Harold Gervais (1917 – 1993) married 1951, Margret M Warren (1921 – 2010); Leo served in WW2, veteran of the Algonquin Regiment, Mortar Man, Liberation Force to Holland.
vii. Leonard Anthony Gervais (1920 – 2008) served in Merchant Marine, WW2 veteran. Married 15 Aug 1950, Clare Mary Agnew ( 1926 – 2013).
viii. John Hector Gervais (1922 – ) married 08 sept 1951, to Jean Rose (b 1923- ) in Fort Coulonge Quebec, daughter of John Rose and Blanche LaPorte.
viv. Twin Peter Vincent Gervais (21 Jan 1924 – 2009) Married 1946, Marcelle Picard, (b 1925- )
v. Twin Paul Louis Gervais (21 Jan 1924 – 2007) married 1953 to Gisele LeGuerrier ( b 1929 – 1999) in Hull Quebec, daughter of Marc-Antoine Le Guerrier et Alice Gervais.
vi. Damasse Henry Gervais (1925 – 2015) married 1953, Theresa Frances Kasaboski (1931- ) , Renfrew, Daughter of William Kasaboski and Anna Chapeskie (1897 – 1985).
vii. Ralph Gervais (1928 – 2016) married 27 Dec 1951, to Helen Ethier, (1930 – 2017) Lapasse Ontario, daughter of Wilfred Ethier and Marie Pappin.
- HECTOR GERVAIS, (1881- ). He married (1) MARGUERITE ELISABETH LAFRENIERE 06 Aug 1901 in LaPasse,Ont., daughter of JOHN LAFRENIERE and LOUISE MARCOTTE. He married (2) ROSALIE LECLAIRE 27 Nov 1941 in Fort Coulonge, Que.. She was born 1886.
The Children of HECTOR GERVAIS and MARGUERITE LAFRENIERE are: ALBERT H. GERVAIS, (1903-1976) m. AZELENE (ASELINE) COUTURIER (1900-1988), Gervais, Albert50th ; daughter of NAPOLEON COUTURIER and MARIE-LOUISE GRATTON in LaPasse.
Children of ALBERT GERVAIS and AZELENE COUTURIER are:
- DORIAN GERVAIS
- WILLARD N. GERVAIS, (1923- )
- RUSSELL ALBERT GERVAIS,(1936-1989), Edmonton, buried Edson Alberta
- LILLIAN GERVAIS
- EDYTHE MARGARET GERVAIS, (1929- )
- LAWRENCE GERVAIS, (1905-1910), LaPasse, Ont
- LOUISA GERVAIS.
- ARTHUR A.J. GERVAIS, (1884- ) m. OLYMPE LAPOINTE, 09 Apr 1907, Fort Coulonge, Que..
- FRANCIS FREDRIC GERVAIS, (1876- ) m. MARIE MONGRAIN, 02 Jun 1908, Fort Coulonge, Que..
- ELODIE GERVAIS, (1869- ) m. GEORGE MORRISSETTE (1850- ) Fort Coulonge, Que.
Descendents of Stanislas Gervais
STANISLAS GERVAIS was born 1825 in Que.. He married THERSILE LONGPRE 17 Jul 1850 in Montreal, Que.
Children of STANISLAS GERVAIS and THERSILE LONGPRE are:
- STANISLAS GERVAIS, b. 1853; m. CAROLINE ROMAIN, 27 Apr 1875, LaPasse, Ont.; b. 1856.
- MARIE CLARA GERVAIS, m. PIERRE ZEPHIRIN MARION, 01 Jul 1890, Fort Coulonge, Que..
- TARSILLE GERVAIS.
- MEDERIC GERVAIS was born 1867. He married ADELINE LAPORTE.
The Child of MEDERIC and ADELINE LAPORTE is:
- ALFRED J. “FRED” GERVAIS (1903-1994), m. ROSE ALMA DUROCHER (1903-1996), Gervais, Fred & Alma , daughter of ADOLPH DUROCHER and JULIE BEAUCHAMP. Both buried Westmeath R.C. cemetery.
Children of FRED (ALFRED) GERVAIS and ROSE DUROCHER are:
- ROLANDE MARIE GERVAIS (1930-2002), buried RC Cemetery Westmeath
- ROGER GERVAIS m. SHIRLEY UNKNOWN
- LUCILLE GERVAIS m. LEO DUPUIS
- ROD GERVAIS, m. JOAN
- RADOLPHE (RUDY) GERVAIS, m. BETTY UNKNOWN
- GISELE GERVAIS
- YVETTE MARIE GERVAIS (1942-2002), buried Westmeath RC cemetery
- ROBERT GERVAIS, m. SHERYL LAPORTE