Sharing Your Submissions
This is an electronic “Show and Tell”. What do you have that we would all enjoy reading about, or seeing its picture?The HWT Project will grow and be improved with your help. Here is a quick “how- to”.
Tell us about your family’s history in Westmeath Township. Please use the Guidelines below. It will be edited and uploaded to the Family Registry section alphabetically by surname. Please give a date or era, and any provenance, if possible, to early photos or documents. Factual accuracy is important so please double-check your information before submitting.
These guidelines make sure that no original materials are sent in to the Project unless prior special arrangements have been made. We do not want to be responsible for the well-being of your special family heirlooms.
If you want to invite people to contact you for further details; supply your contact information within your document.
- Original Photographs should be scanned and submitted in jpg or tif format.
- Larger historic objects should be photographed using a digital camera. The jpg(s) and explanatory notes can then be submitted as separate files.
- Newspaper articles can be scanned or digitally photographed and submitted in jpg format or as pdf(s).
- Reduce photo sizes if possible before sending. Large sized items will be slow to send and receive.
Before sending a document, check for spelling, grammar and accuracy. We rely on you for historical accuracy so check your facts, please.
- Emailing can be slowed down if the files attached are too numerous or too large in size. Please beware of those restrictions.
- Final editing will be done to ensure the documents are in best form before being uploaded to this website.
If you have questions about how best to submit your article(s) don’t hesitate to ask.
This Project’s email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. (The address uses both the name of the project and the Postal Coding for this part of Eastern Ontario.) Gayle McBride Stewart will get back to you ASAP.